Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cupcake Stands

Two of my all time favourite cupcake stands are the stands I created for my gorgeous Godson, Max on his Naming Day and the stand for my youngest son and chief mischief-maker, Sam. Max & Sam had similar colouring themes and their stands were just gorgeous (if I do say so myself!).

Max's stand featured my "Letters" - royal icing letter decorations, together with lots of spots & dots. The stand was decorated with very cute pale blues, lime greens and white papers.

Sam's first birthday party featured a zoo theme ("The smallest creature at the Long Family Zoo is about to turn 1."). The cake stand featured Letters, together with some royal icing animal decorations and a small cutting cake on top. I used pale blue and green papers, together with matching paper from his birthday invitations to decorate the stand.

Both cakes were a vanilla cake, with whipped white buttercream frosting.

Delish!




No comments:

Post a Comment